Amtrak Offers Active Duty Military & Their Families 10% OFF
Active-duty US military personnel, their spouses, and their dependents are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains, including for travel on the Auto Train with valid active-duty United States Armed Forces identification cards.
Additionally, Amtrak welcomes uniformed military personnel to the head of the ticket line. Children (ages 2-12) of active-duty US military personnel are eligible to receive a 10% discount in addition to the everyday children's 50% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare on most Amtrak trains, including for travel on the Auto Train.
Details of the Offer
- The military discount is not valid with Saver Fares or on weekday Acela trains.
- The military discount does not apply to non-Acela Business class, First class, or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The military discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The military discount is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada.
- The military discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer. Additional restrictions may apply.
- Important: As you book your essential & future travel, please refer to Amtrak’s COVID-19 travel policies. Learn more here.
VetRewards Exclusives on Travel for Active Duty, Veterans and their Families
As a Veterans Advantage member enrolled in VetRewards, you are eligible for up to 10% off major airlines and Greyhound Bus. This exclusive offer is good for all active, former & retired military, and their families who subscribe to VetRewards. More here.
Terms & Conditions
DISCLAIMER: Some military discounts published as Military Community Deals are with companies that are not created by Veterans Advantage These military discounts are published for informational purposes only. This information is from public sources and is subject to change without notice. In such instances, we cannot guarantee military discount availability. Military discounts are generally available to current or former members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Reserve, & National Guard with a recognizable form of military ID. If you are a VetRewards subscriber, your VetRewards Card ID may be accepted as valid proof of military service for a veteran discount. However, we cannot guarantee it. With some offers, the military discount is more strictly limited to active duty, retirees and military families with an official government-issued military ID. Veterans Advantage's VIP Member Support is not available for handling questions or customer service for Military Community Deals not created by Veterans Advantage. Please contact the company's customer service directly regarding their military discount.
More About Amtrak Train
Amtrak, the national rail operator, connects America in safer, greener and healthier ways. With 21,000 route miles in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces, Amtrak operates more than 300 trains each day — at speeds up to 150 mph — to more than 500 destinations. Amtrak is the operator of choice for state-supported corridor services in 17 states and for four commuter rail agencies.